Cost-Effective Methods to Cool Your Home
As the temperature increases, so does the cost of cooling your house. But a new federal law may help keep your home both great and cost-effective.
In January, the U.S. The minimum efficiency standards were raised by department of Energy for air conditioners and heat pumps from 10 to 13 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio). Although homeowners are not necessary to replace systems that are less than 13 SEER, doing so can cut 23 percent off energy costs.
Consider SEER reviews like gas mileage: The larger the SEER or miles per gallon, the more power mileage you get. So as SEER levels rise, your cooling and heating services and products use less energy, giving you more bang for your money while delivering real environmental benefits through reduced energy intake.
The new 13 SEER standard not just retains energy but it also decreases associated carbon dioxide emissions, states Rick Roetken, director of marketing at Indianapolis-based Bryant Heating & Cooling Systems.
Bryant recently introduced a fresh type of 13 SEER models that provide excellent performance, savings and convenience. The increased top-of-the-line Evolution System reaches levels of around 20 SEER while allowing people to regulate cooling, heat, humidity, indoor quality of air, times and maintenance reminders from a single, easy-to-navigate source.
To help keep your house cooling system at top efficiency, Roetken advises having it examined at least one per year with a trained service technician. Here are some additional tips:
* Install more loft insulation. Upgrading from 3 inches to 12 inches may reduce costs by 10 percent.
* Plant a tree. One your cooling costs can be reduced by well-placed shade tree by 25 percent. Place leafy shade trees to the west and south and evergreens to the north.
* Use roof and box supporters to simply help circulate air at home.
* Set the fan in your central air conditioning equipment to on in the place of auto. Air will be circulated by this continuously, maintaining the temperature constant at home and assisting in dehumidification. This pictorial www website has collected rousing suggestions for the purpose of it.
* If you are using a window air-con unit, make sure it is the appropriate size. It is simpler to get one that is too small as opposed to too large. A bigger system will launch and switch off more often and won't do as good employment dehumidifying the air. Get further on visit by visiting our pictorial web page. This fine action cooling and heating profile essay has a pile of witty tips for the reason for this view.
* Choose programmable thermostat.
* If you do not need central air-con, get one of these whole-house attic fan. This revolutionary product forces hot air out through the attic vents, lowering the temperature throughout your house by about 5 degrees in under 10 minutes.. Discover extra resources on our favorite related article - Visit this hyperlink: quality about action cooling and heating.